Dimensional & 3 Tab
What are Dimensional Shingles and What Benefits Do They Include?
Dimensional shingles are your regular asphalt shingles, but with a twist. They are designed to look more like the wood shingles used in the past. Sometimes referred to as laminated or architectural shingles, they come in a variety of different styles.
- Greater life expectancy
- A 110 mph wind warranty versus a 60 mph wind warranty for 3-tab shingles
- Designer options to suit any style
- Very popular making them readily available
- Durable construction making them more resistant to harsh weather conditions
- Camouflages imperfections in the roof
- Well suited for the majority of roof pitches and type of roofs
- Generally considered to be the more attractive option and may even be an HOA requirement
- Manufactures warranty of 30 years or lifetime (depending on shingle brand)
What are the Costs?
Dimensional shingles cost a little more than 3-tab shingles, but they have a longer lifespan, better wind warranty and improved appearance. They offer several valuable advantages. Like most good things in life, you get what you pay for. Typically, you can expect to pay 20% more for dimensional shingles. We can easily provide a quote on both types of shingles.
What are 3-Tab Shingles?
3-tab shingles are what most people think of when they picture roofing shingles. They are made of asphalt, but have more of a basic construction.
What are the Benefits of 3-Tab Shingles?
- Budget friendly
- Readily available
- Many color options available to match any house color
- Manufacturer’s warranty of 25 years
GAF is—by far—North America’s largest manufacturer of residential and commercial roofing products (approaching $3 billion in annual sales). Here are just some of the reasons why GAF is your best and safest choice! Professional installers have long preferred the rugged, dependable performance that only a GAF roof can offer, and have made our Advanced Protection™ shingles the #1 brand in North America!
- Inventors of the Timberline® Advanced Protection™ shingle — the #1-selling shingle in North America
- Rated #1 in shingle quality by contractors and home builders
- Named #1 in innovation for shingles and ridge ventilation by home builders
- Named most-recommended brand by upscale remodelers
- First to pass ASTM D3161 Class F (110 mph) and ASTM D7158 Class H (150 mph) wind ratings on every manufactured shingle (per UL public listing)
- First to produce an energy-efficient asphalt shingle available in rich colors, called the Cool Color Series (now called Timberline® Cool Series)
Visit their website and review their selections by clicking on the logo on the right.
Other Shingles Suppliers:
Click on each logo to see products selection
We do things
it’s our promise
- We maintain constant, honest communication with property manager, consultants, and tenants.
- We check in with our customers on a daily basis once project begins.
- We can assist with all types of repairs.
- We have a fast response time with concern for our customers.
- We provide clean and neat job sites.